Berga has manufactured furniture for over 100 years. It all began in 1896. After 1945 they began manufacturing wooden doors, which were distributed in countries in Europe. The wood, mainly spruce and pine, was supplied from the deep forests of Småland, the province of Sweden where Berga is located. The manufacturing of the doors left unwanted piles of wood waste. With ingenuity and with a strong sense of thriftiness, one of the largest sales successes in Berga's history was created; the lamella glued tables in pine. Their furniture was always designed by Scandinavian designers, including their “H55”, designed by Björn Hultén in 1955. For the last 35 years, production at Berga has primarily been about furniture for the outdoors.